What is car insurance? (कार बीमा क्या है?)
Buying car insurance helps in keeping your vehicle safe and gives peace of mind in case of an unfortunate event like accident, theft, damage, etc. In addition, it avoids financial burden in case something goes wrong.
In this article, we will tell you everything about car insurance including its types, what it covers, why it is important and more.
What is car insurance? (कार बीमा क्या है?)
Car insurance is a contract between you and the insurance company to protect your car from any loss or damage due to theft or accident. The insurance company agrees to pay for the loss or damage to your car in exchange for the premium.
Let us know about the coverage areas of a car insurance policy.
Coverage Area of Car Insurance Policy (कार बीमा पॉलिसी के कवरेज क्षेत्र)
The following areas are covered in a car insurance policy;
- car theft or damage
- Liability to any third party or property damage caused by accident
- Medical expenses including cost of treatment and rehabilitation of injuries
- Loss of income due to accident and funeral expenses
Let us now have a look at the types of car insurance available in the market.
types of car insurance (कार बीमा के प्रकार)
Genaraly car insurance is a 8 type are available in insuranceinhindi
- third party liability insurance (तृतीय पक्ष देयता बीमा)
Third party liability insurance is mandatory for all vehicles plying on the roads. This insurance policy covers the loss of the policyholder against third parties for damage to property or injuries to persons during an accident. This insurance policy covers minimum risk and damages or theft to the car or injuries sustained to the owner of the car. does not provide protection.
चेक आउट अवश्य करें :
- Comprehensive insurance (व्यापक बीमा)
Comprehensive insurance policy provides all the benefits of third party liability insurance along with coverage of the policyholder’s expenses during theft or damage to the car. This policy provides compensation to the policyholder in case of accidental injury or death. Extended benefits can be availed through add-on cover in a comprehensive insurance policy.
- add-on cover (एड-ऑन कवर)
Add-on covers give additional coverage for loss or damage to the car in addition to the coverage provided by a comprehensive insurance plan. The different types of add-on covers are as follows;
- zero depreciation cover (शून्य मूल्यह्रास कवर)
When it comes to car insurance, zero depreciation cover is the most popular add-on cover. Under this add-on cover, the policyholder will get a full claim of the replacement value of the parts after the accident. It should be noted that Zero depreciation cover can be taken only if the vehicle is less than 3 years old.
- Engine and electronic circuit cover (इंजन और इलेक्ट्रॉनिक सर्किट कवर)
As the name suggests, this add-on cover provides coverage for loss or damage to the engine or electronic circuits of the insured vehicle.
- roadside assistance cover (सड़क के किनारे सहायता कवर)
Roadside Assistance Cover provides you assistance when you are stranded at a remote location due to battery issue or car tire blowout or fuel tank empty. This insurance plan gives you battery recharge, taxi, accommodation assistance Provides benefits of services like etc.
- No Claim Bonus Protection Cover (नो क्लेम बोनस सुरक्षा कवर)
No Claim Bonus protection cover is an add-on cover and acts as a reward to the policyholder for not making any claims during the policy term. This add-on cover is a notable increase in premium while buying insurance for the next year Can help in reducing the amount. However, the policyholder should be aware of the fact that he will lose the earned no claim bonus if he claims in subsequent years.
- key replacement cover (कुंजी प्रतिस्थापन कवर)
Key replacement cover provides insurance cover to the policyholder in case he/she loses the ignition key and reimburses him/her for the cost of replacement key.
The above points suggest the different types of insurance policies available in the market. In order to buy them, you should carefully analyze which type of policy best meets your needs. Hence, it becomes important to choose an insurance policy judiciously. To help you out, we have listed some tips.
Tips for buying a car insurance policy (कार बीमा पॉलिसी खरीदने के लिए सुझाव)
- Before buying a car insurance policy, you should compare the quotes on various insurance policies offered by different companies on a neutral website. By doing this, you can save up to 50% of your insurance premium.
- Choosing a car insurance policy should be done after comparing the price and features.
- While taking a car insurance policy, you need to look at the IDV i.e. the maximum amount you can get in case of total loss. By reducing the IDV amount, you can reduce your premium.
- Make sure you get the right no-claim bonus because if you take more no-claim bonus than you are entitled to, your claim, if any, may not be processed.
- If you do not receive the final policy document within the recommended time period, your car may not be insured. Hence, ensure that your broker or agent provides you with the final policy document in a timely manner.
- You should take a car insurance policy from an insurance broker and not an agent. You need to verify the broker by checking the license number. You can also cross-check the license number on the IRDA website. It is always recommended to buy insurance from an insurance broker. This makes them non-biased towards a particular insurance company. On the other hand, an insurance agent gives you the same amount of money irrespective of the fact which companies they sell. Will sell insurance policy and suggest benefits of buying insurance of that particular company only.
- To insure people traveling with you in your car, you can get a personal accident insurance policy.
- If you want your genuine claims to be paid on time, you must be honest and truthful while making the declarations on the offer form.
- Before finalizing any insurance policy, you should check the terms and conditions on the official website of the insurance company. To know more, also read Insurance Important Terms and Concepts.
Top 3 Result in Google Search
- कार इन्शुरन्स ऑनलाइन: कार बीमा पॉलिसी सही दाम में ख़रीदे
1.Why do you need insurance?
ब्रांड: पॉलिसी खरीदते समय इन्शुरन्स कंपनी की प्रतिष्ठा पर ध्यान देना जरूरी है। आपको कंपनी के रिकॉर्ड और दावे के अनुपात की जांच करनी चाहिए। व्हीकल इंश्योरेंस पॉलिसी खरीदते समय खराब दावों के अनुपात वाली इंश्योरेंस कंपनी उचित नहीं होगी।
Translated from English·
- The Best Car Insurance Policies in India.
- HDFC ERGO Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive Car Insurance with Zero Depreciation Cover.
- TATA AIG Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- SBI General Private Car Insurance Plan.
- Digit Car Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance Plan.