Why Buy Family Health Insurance?
As we all know there has been a huge increase in the cost of healthcare sector. High inflation makes it very difficult to cover the cost of doctor visits, hospitalization and medicines. It is also clear that a health emergency can strike at any time and affect people of all ages. This is why family medical insurance is so important. It protects your entire family with the necessary financial cover in tough and unprecedented times.
There are several benefits of buying family health insurance:
- The chances of suffering from a serious illness are increasing every day, which is why buying adequate health insurance for your family members is no longer an option but a necessity. Family health insurance plans make it affordable to cover your family members. The advantage of health insurance plans for family is that you pay a single amount for one plan and insure all under it.
- Paying premiums for different policies can be a hassle, tedious and confusing, which is why family health plans are convenient and hassle-free. A family plan bridges this gap and simplifies payments, making the process completely stress-free.
- It also lets you claim tax benefits on premiums paid for family health insurance plans under section 80D.
- You can enjoy family discounts depending on the number of members and their age and several benefits like maternity cover, these additional features make family packs a more viable option than individual plans.
Eligibility Criteria for buying family health insurance plan in India.
Every health insurance plan in India for family comes with eligibility criteria. The table below shows the general eligibility criteria for health insurance plans for family in India .
health insurance companies
Explore top health insurance companies to buy the most suitable mediclaim policy for families.
- Star Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Max Bupa Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Manipal Cigna Health Insurance